This autumn-inspired spin on a Tuscan summer salad will make your tastebuds dance! There's nothing ho-hum about this delicious vegan Roasted Fall Panzanella Salad. Paired with an elderberry vinaigrette made with Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup for a touch of sweetness and immune support.*
Recipe by The Vegan Rhino
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 16 oz. Brussels sprouts, halved
- 14 oz. butternut squash, peeled & cubed
- 10 oz. beets, peeled & cubed
- 8 oz. carrot, diced
- 4 (1-in. slices) crusty artisan bread (6 oz.), cubed
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1 bunch kale, washed & chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. light agave
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lay brussels sprouts, squash, beets and carrots in an even layer and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to prevent kale from wilting.
- On the other baking sheet, place bread in an even layer and drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon of oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring half way through, until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- In a large bowl, add kale and top with roasted vegetables, croutons, pecans and dried cranberries.
- In a jar with a lid, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients and shake until homogenous. Drizzle over salad and toss.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chef’s tip: Make this salad the same day you are going to serve it for the best results. You can make the vinaigrette a day in advance, just mix in the elderberry syrup prior to serving.
Ryan Shepard is the founder of The Vegan Rhino, a place for sharing recipes and spreading the message of home cooked veganized meals. Ryan has been following a vegan lifestyle since 2017 and enjoys sharing tips about how you can make small changes in your own life.
Find him at theveganrhino.com and @theveganrhino on Instagram.