Scary Berry Kettle Corn with Kids Elderberry Syrup
This recipe is perfect for Halloween at home! Homemade kettle corn gets some added immune support* with Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup for Kids and yummy strawberries. It's great for the whole family and easy to make with the kiddos! Serve it in a spooky serving dish for extra Halloween fun.
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Popcorn Kernels, Divided
- 2 Tablespoons Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup For Kids
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Freeze-Dried Strawberries
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the oil and two popcorn kernels before covering the pot.
- Once the first kernels have popped, the oil is hot enough and ready to go. Add the remaining popcorn and immediately cover.
- Shake the pot gently every few seconds as the popcorn starts popping. When it begins popping more rapidly, quickly and carefully add the Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup, re-cover, and shake hard to incorporate.
- Once the popping slows, turn off the heat and let the steam vent by partially uncovering the pan. Let rest until all activity completely stops.
- Transfer to a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Add the freeze-dried strawberries and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 1 – 2 days.
Makes 4 Servings
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.