Small Batch Sambucol Elderberry and Saffron Chocolate Truffles
A simple and delicious recipe to add to your holiday baking lineup. Small batch means it's perfect for the small holiday celebrations we'll be hosting at home in 2020. Elderberry Chocolate Truffles are a spin on traditional chocolate truffles using Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup for a hint of berry flavor and loads of immune support!*
Recipe by Michele Narsinghani, find her on Instagram @momunderpressure
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (chopped) or chocolate chips
- 4 oz. coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- Place the coconut milk and saffron into a small pan and simmer on low heat for 4-5 minutes until saffron steeps into milk.
- Place chocolate in a heat safe bowl. Add Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the warm coconut-saffron milk over the chocolate and slowly stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out little balls of the truffle mixture and roll in the palm of your hands.
- Place in a tray dusted with cocoa powder and roll the truffles in the cocoa if desired.
- Return the truffles to the fridge until ready to serve.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.