Vegan Thanksgiving Turkey Toast for Kids
By Food Allergy Diva (@foodallergydiva)
I can’t believe it is already fall! Thanksgiving and the Holidays are almost here! This is my absolute favorite time of the year; but unfortunately, it’s also the start of cold weather, and lots of reasons to support our immune systems! That’s why I’m excited to team up with Sambucol, to bring you one of my favorite Thanksgiving kid’s creations and share the amazing benefits of Sambucol Black Elderberry.
You’ve probably noticed if you’ve been following my recipes that in some of my favorite kid’s breakfasts, I add vitamins as part of it. This is because my kid’s easily take them when they are incorporated as part of their food! My family has been using Sambucol Black Elderberry products for immune support,* and when I learned that they are vegan, gluten, soy, dairy, egg free, AND made in a nut-free facility, my 4-year-old started using them too! Sambucol Black Elderberry Gummies are pectin based, sweetened only with pure cane sugar, and contain no artificial flavors or colors. Besides, it’s usually the favorite part of breakfast!
Your kids will also love getting their vitamins with this fun Thanksgiving Turkey Toast! It’s not only fun but will give your little ones a power up in immune support with Sambucol Black Elderberry Immune Support Gummies for Kids.*
HOW TO MAKE THE TOAST
- Your bread of choice. Note: I used Dave’s Killer Bread, which has wheat, but you can sub it for any gluten free bread to make this recipe gluten free!
- Spread of choice, like peanut butter, almond butter, or seed butter for a nut free option.
- Pomegranate (you just need one seed). Note: you can sub a little piece of red apple for this step if you don’t want to use a pomegranate.
- 2-3 different colored apples
- Sambucol Black Elderberry Kid's Gummies
- Put your butter on your toasted bread.
- Slice your apples, cutting each slice in ½. Fan the apple slices around the toast, alternating colors.
- Take two slices of banana and add them for the eyes.
- Cut a triangle shape out of your yellow apple skin for the beak.
- Add a pomegranate seed or piece of the red apple skin next to the beak.
- Use a little more of the yellow apple skin for the legs.
- Finally, take 2 Sambucol Black Elderberry Gummies and place them on top of the banana to finish the eyes.
Ta-da! Turkey Toast!
- Tags: Recipes