Halloween Rice Krispie Treats Made with Sambucol Elderberry Syrup
Recipe by Michal Grappe (@michalgrappe on Instagram)
A spooky treat for your little monsters! These Rice Krispie Treats are fun and easy to make with your little ones. They are made with sprouted rice cereal for a healthier alternative to traditional rice krispie treats, plus Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup for added immune-support.*
- 8 TBS salted butter
- 3/4 cup organic sweetened condensed milk
- 10 oz bag organic marshmallows
- 2 TBS elderberry syrup
- 8 cups sprouted rice cereal
- Purple and Orange natural food coloring
- Candy eyes
- Melt butter, sweetened condensed milk, and marshmallows on low to medium heat. Add elderberry syrup.
- Split the mixture evenly into two bowls. Add the natural purple food coloring to one bowl. Add the natural orange food coloring to the other bowl.
- Add 4 cups of sprouted rice cereal to each bowl and mix with a non stick spatula. Scoop out and roll into balls.
- Set the balls on parchment or wax paper to completely cool. Add the eyes. Serve and enjoy!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.