Elderberry Winter Sangria
Winter Sangria with Elderberry Syrup
Who says sangria is just for summer? This winter sangria features seasonal flavors of apples, pears, and cinnamon plus warming spirits of brandy and orange liqueur to help fight the winter chill. Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup is the perfect addition for a dose of immune support* and yummy berry flavor.
- 1/4 Cup Orange Liqueur (Such as Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- 1/4 Cup Brandy or Bourbon
- 1/4 Cup Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup
- 1 (750ml) Bottle Dry Red Wine (Such as Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 Orange, Halved and Sliced
- 1 Sweet Red Apple, Cored and Diced
- 1 Pear, Cored and Diced
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Arils
- 4 Whole Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 ½ Cups Ginger Ale
In a large pitcher, whisk together the orange liqueur, brandy or bourbon, Sambucol syrup and red wine. Add in the sliced orange, apple, pear, and pomegranate arils, stirring well to combine. Lightly crush the cinnamon sticks before adding them in as well.
Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours, and up to 1 day. The longer it sits and marinates, the better it will taste.
Either add the ginger ale right before serving or pour out individual glasses and top with ginger ale to keep the bubbles more effervescent.
Alternately, gently heat the mixture on the stove to serve warm, like mulled wine.
Makes 6 - 8 Servings
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Hannah is the creator of BitterSweet Blog where she shares her passion for food and crafts. She is the author of many cookbooks, including Real Food, Really Fast, My Sweet Vegan, Easy as Vegan Pie, and more.
Find her on Instagram @bittersweet__.
- Tags: Recipes