Vegan Strawberry-Elderberry Mousse
Silky Strawberry-Elderberry Vegan Mousse Recipe
Not all desserts are created equal! This vegan mousse is as healthy as it is delicious. Whip it up and let it set in the fridge for a yummy snack or tasty treat to end your favorite dinner.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Wait time: 2 to 3 hours
Total time: 2 hours, 45 minutes
- 8 oz. container fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 Tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 1/2 tsp. organic amber blue agave
- 1 (16 oz. container) silken tofu, drained
- 3 Tbsp. coconut cream, cold
- 1/3 cup (8 oz. can) aquafaba liquid from chickpeas, chilled
- 2 Tbsp. Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- In a sauce pan, add the strawberries and organic cane sugar, cook for 8 to 10 minutes (reduce until you have 1 cup). Smash strawberries and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In blender, combine agave, silken tofu, 3/4 of the cooled strawberry mixture, and Sambucol syrup; Blend until smooth. Place the container in the refrigerator.
- In stand mixer, whip the chilled aquafaba liquid and lime juice on medium-high for 10 minutes or until firm stiff peaks form.
- Remove the strawberry-elderberry tofu mixture from refrigerator and gently fold whipped aquafaba into the tofu.
- Spoon the mousse mixture into small glasses and allow to set in fridge for 2-3 hours, overnight for best results.
- Serve topped with remaining strawberry jam, whipped cream and/or strawberries.
Chef’s tip: Melt chocolate chips and gently stir into the tofu mixture before folding in the aquafaba for a rich chocolate mousse!
Ryan Shepard is the founder of The Vegan Rhino, a place for sharing recipes and spreading the message of home cooked veganized meals.
- Tags: Recipes