This fudge is easy, vegan, and sugar free. Did we mention it's also delicious and looks amazing on your holiday table? Made with Sambucol Black Elderberry Sugar Free Syrup, it also provides immune support in every bite!* Simple to prepare and ready in just a few short hours, this fudge is perfect for your next holiday gathering.
Recipe by Hannah Kaminsky
- 2 Cups Raw Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/4 Cup Sambucol Sugar-Free Black Elderberry Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon Liquid Stevia Extract
- Natural Purple Food Coloring (Optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Sprinkles (Optional)
1. Line an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and lightly grease; set aside.
2. Place the cashews in a large bowl and add boiling water to cover. Let stand for 30 minutes before draining thoroughly. This helps soften them and ensure they blend into a smoother base for the fudge.
3. Transfer the soaked cashews to your blender and add the melted coconut oil, Sambucol Sugar-Free Black Elderberry Syrup, and stevia. Puree on high speed, pausing to scrape down the sides of the canister with a spatula as needed, until completely silky smooth.
4. Add in a few drops of natural purple food coloring, if using, and blend until fully incorporated.
5. Spoon the creamy mixture into your prepared pan. Top with sprinkles, if using, gently pressing them in to adhere.
6. Place in the freezer for 2 – 3 hours to fully set. Slice into small squares and enjoy.
7. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
To make a more traditional chocolate fudge, use ½ cup (3 ounces) of melted semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips instead of the coconut oil.