Sambucol Berry Pound Cake
@charleschentv made a Sambucol Berry Pound Cake with a glaze with extra antioxidants.
Need a guilt free desert that will hit the spot, and also help you relax ? We got you covered, plus added benefits from sambucol berries.
- 1 1/2 cups salted ghee or grass fed butter
- 1 (8 oz.) miyoko cream cheese
- 2 cups monkfruit sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 6 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups good quality gluten-free flour blend
- 1/3 cup corn starch
Elderberry Lavender Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup
- 4 - 5 tablespoons Lavender Infused Cream
Whisk all ingredients together until lumps disappear. Add more cream if thinner consistency is desired.
Lavender infused cream:
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender
Bring all ingredients to a light boil. Simmer on low for one minute. Remove from head and let lavender steep in milk for five minutes. Strain out lavender buds.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a bundt pan or 2 loaf pans with non-stick coconut spray.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light (medium speed -about 5 minutes).
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts and beat another 30 seconds to mix well.
- Place a sifter/sieve/strainer over a bowl. Measure the flour, cornstarch, dump into the sifter. Sift together the dry ingredients. You can repeat to sift another time or I just used a whisk and really whisked them together well.
- Break the 6 eggs into another bowl and set aside.
- With your mixer on low, alternately add the flour mixture and the eggs to your butter/sugar mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan, then gently loosen the sides with a table knife or plastic spatula before turning over onto serving plate.