Immune-Supporting Frothy Oat Milk Lavender Latte
Fall is in the air! And even if it's still 90 degrees where you live, you can just pretend, right? We love a hot latte on a cool autumn morning. We love it even more if that latte is made with lavender, oat milk, and the immune-supporting* sweetness of Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup.
This latte is easy to make and delightful to drink. Enjoy!
Recipe by Grace Pascale @babybychickpeas
For the lavender simple syrup:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary-grade lavender buds
For the latte (per drink):
- 1 tablespoon lavender simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Sambucol black elderberry syrup
- Freshly brewed hot coffee
- Steamed and frothed oat milk or whatever kind of milk you prefer
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water and lavender. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain syrup through a fine mesh strainer into a jar to remove lavender buds and set aside.
- To make the latte, add 1 tablespoon of the lavender simple syrup to a coffee cup, followed by 1 additional tablespoon of Sambucol black elderberry syrup. Fill with coffee to desired level and stir. Top with frothy oat milk and serve :)
- Tags: Recipes