Recipe by Danny Seo of "Naturally, Danny Seo" now streaming on PEACOCK TV
Makes 16 lollipops
Ready for a fun new way to enjoy a dose of immune support? Look no further than these colorful, delicious, and easy-to-make Honey Pops, made with Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup. They're beautiful to display at your next event, and kid-approved!
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 310ºF.
- Add lemon extract,Elderberry Syrup, honey and ¼ cup filtered water to a medium bowl. Stir until combined well.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Add mixture to small pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spread mixture onto middle of mat.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Spread mixture around silicone mat and bake for additional 5 minutes.
- Place ice water in a small bowl and place a small amount of mixture to see if it balls, which means it reached its hard cracking stage. If not, return to oven for additional few minutes.
- Place lollipop silicone mold onto a tray. Pour baked honey mixture into molds, place lemon zest strip in center, and press stick into center of pop.
- Place in freezer to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once lollipops come to room temperature, place in wrappers to prevent sticking.
Pro Tip: Store lollipops in the refrigerator or freezer to minimize stickiness.
Good To Know:
- Eliminate the need for a candy thermometer by setting the oven to 310ºF. This temp will bring your mixture very close to a hard cracking candy state.
- Add water to the initial mixture to heat the sweeteners evenly and avoid burning.
- Make sure lollipops are at room temperature before wrapping to prevent any condensation from forming inside the wrapper.