Did you have your anthocyanin today?
Whip up a parfait! This recipe includes a ripe juicy mango (high vitamin C), flavonoid-rich blueberries and black elderberry syrup, creamy probiotic-packed yogurt and crunchy granola clusters that make this layered beauty a quaran-ten out of ten in our book.
Prep time: 2+ hrs
Assembly time: 5 min
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup non-dairy yogurt (I love Nancy's Probiotic Oatmilk Yogurt - any flavor will do)
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen mango
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 tsp black elderberry syrup (or sub blackberry or blueberry jam)
- 1 cup low-sugar granola, store bought or your favorite homemade recipe
Begin by stirring together the chia seeds, almond or coconut milk and the maple syrup, and leaving to thicken in the fridge for at least 2 hours (overnight is best!).
Once the chia pudding has thickened up, remove from the refrigerator and fold in a few large spoonfuls into each of the two mason jars. Next, layer in some of the sliced mango, non-dairy yogurt, a teaspoon of elderberry syrup (or jam) and a few spoonfuls of granola.
Repeat this process - now layering in more chia pudding, blueberries, non-dairy yogurt, elderberry syrup (or jam) and another portion of granola.
Top each jar with more sliced fruit and garnish with a sprinkle of granola.
By: Gracie Pascale @babychickpeas