Halloween Elderberry Spiderweb Cupcakes
Spiderweb Cupcakes with Sambucol Elderberry Syrup
Recipe by Dijana Ibric (@lifethrumyhazeleyes)
Let’s CREEP it real, Halloween may look a little different this year, but that won’t stop us from eating, drinking, and being scary.
Halloween cupcakes are always a hit with the kids. Heck, any cupcake is a hit with the kids. But add a spooky decoration and bam – my cupcakes brings all the kids to the yard.
Let’s make some super easy but scarrrrryyy delicious, spiderweb cupcakes with a twist.
INGREDIENTS for 24 cupcakes:
- Box of your favorite cupcake mix – I prefer the Devil’s Food Cake
- 1 container of whipped fluffy white frosting
- ½ tub of cool whip
- Blue and Red food coloring (optional)
- 10ml of Sambucol Elderberry Syrup
- 1 small tube of black decorating icing
- Plastic spider rings for décor (optional)
- Prepare cupcakes according to box directions. You can also cut this recipe in half if you just want 12 cupcakes.
- Take out the cool whip and let it defrost at room temperature.
- Cool the cupcakes completely.
- In a medium bowl, add the fluffy white frosting and the cool whip..
- Add your Sambucol Elderberry Syrup and mix with a spatula. Just enough to combine and for the color to mix.
- If you want it to be more purple, add a drop of blue and red food coloring. Keep adding, one drop at a time, until you reach your desired color.
- Frost your cupcakes with a frosting knife in an even layer. Make it almost flat.
- With the black icing, starting in the center of the cupcake with a dot and add 3 circles. One at a time. See pic for visual.
- With a toothpick, starting from the center of the cupcake and going towards the edges, pull one line at a time. You will do so about 6-8 times. Creating that spider web look. See photos below.
- Decorate with spider rings and enjoy.
- Tags: Recipes