Fig Elderberry Crumble Bars Recipe
Fig Crumble Bars with Black Elderberry Syrup
Fresh figs, red wine, and elderberry syrup make these rich and decadent crumble bars a must for any holiday celebration. With dashes of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and cardamom, these fig bars just taste like winter bliss! Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup brings yummy immune strengthening* benefits to these crowd pleasers.
Recipe by Tara Snyder (on Instagram @bearnecessities___)
- 3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups + 2 tablespoons of butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 12oz of fresh figs
- ¼ cup of Sambucol elderberry syrup
- ⅓ cup of red wine- I used Cabernet Sauvignon
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon of nutmeg
- Sprinkle of cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8x8 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender pulse the oats then add the flours and pulse until slightly mixed.
- Remove from the food processor and add the mixture to a large bowl.
- Mix in butter, sugar, spices, salt, and vanilla.
- Add ¾ of the mixture to a prepared 8x8 pan for the crust. Pat it down well.
- Set aside.
Make the filling
- Add all of the ingredients for the filling into a medium-sized saucepan and cook over medium heat. Stir occasionally. Once the mixture comes to a boil, turn the temperature down and continue to cook until the mixture thickens up about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the mixture is done. Let cool for 10 minutes then add to a food processor and pulse until mixed.
- Pour the filling over the prepared crust.
- Then add the rest of the crumble on top patting down slightly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crumble on top is slightly golden.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Tags: Recipes