Elderberry Marshmallow S'mores
These Elderberry Marshmallow S'mores are a summer hit!
Pitch a tent in the backyard and spend the night with spooky stories, star gazing and summer elderberry marshmallow s’mores. No backyard? That’s ok, just prop some sheets up in the living room and play a video of a mock fire pit on the TV.
Recipe by @freshlydana
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp gelatin
- 1 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 2/3 cup agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp elderberry syrup
- tapioca flour or cornstarch for dusting
1. Prepare a 9x13 inch pan by lining with parchment paper and dusting generously with about 2 tbsp of tapioca or cornstarch.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, with whisk attachment, gently stir 1/2 cup of water with the gelatin and let stand.
3. Arrange a candy thermometer on a small pot and add the remaining 1/2 cup of water, cane sugar, and agave and cook over medium high heat.
4. Cook the mixture until it reaches 240 degrees. Once it reaches this temperature, promptly remove from the heat.
5. Turn the stand mixer to low and while running, slowly add the sugar mixture to the bowl with the gelatin, then turn the mixer to medium high speed.
6. Whisk together until the mixture is white, thick, and fluffy, about 5-10 minutes.
7. Add in the vanilla and salt and whisk again for another 2 minutes.
8. Using a rubber spatula pour the marshmallow into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
9. Drizzle the elderberry syrup all over the top of the marshmallow and using a sharp knife create a swirl effect.
10. Dust the top with 1 tbsp of tapioca flour and let set for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
11. When ready to slice, use a well greased pizza cutter or knife to slice into desired shape and roll edges in additional tapioca flour.