Elderberry-Cranberry and “Cheesecake” Canapés
The perfect vegan appetizer for your holiday table. Super easy and great when you need to feed a lot of people -- or when you don't ;) These look as amazing as they taste, plus they pack some immune supporting goodness thanks to Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup.*
- 45 frozen phyllo pastry cups
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup
- 4 oz. non-dairy cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 oz. non-dairy sour cream, softened
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. (100g) plant-based mozzarella shreds
- 2 Tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. cranberry sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a mini muffin pan with frozen puff pastry cups and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix filling ingredients until combined and fill each cup with about 1 teaspoon.
- Bake for 7 minutes until golden brown and remove from the oven.
- Drizzle with Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup while still warm out the oven.
- Garnish with mint before serving and enjoy!
- Tags: Recipes