Black Elderberry Syrup and Blueberry Compote
This recipe is a delicious addition to pancakes, waffles, and other sweet and savory dishes. It's an antioxidant-packed topping featuring fresh blueberries and Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup for extra immune support.* Let your imagination run wild with this versatile vegan dish!
Prep: 2 minutes
Cook: 13 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
Yield: ~1 cup
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp. water
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- Half lemon, zested
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Sugar-free Sambucol Black elderberry syrup
- In a sauce pot on medium heat, combine half of the blueberries with the water, sugar, lemon zest and juice.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, adding the remaining blueberries at this time. Stirring frequently, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve warm over pancakes, parfaits, etc.
Chef’s tip: If you are using agave or maple syrup instead of sugar, do not use water.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Tags: Recipes