Immune-Supporting Chia Jam with Black Elderberry
Recipe by: @babybychickpeas
Add some sweetness to your day with this Immune-supporting Chia Jam with Black Elderberry. It's easy and delicious!
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sambucol Black Elderberry syrup
Makes about 2 cups.
- Begin by adding the sliced strawberries into a saucepan and heating over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the fruit is warm & beginning to break down, smash the berries with the back of a fork or spatula until there are no large chunks remaining.
- Add in the maple syrup and stir.
- Turn off the burner & remove the mixture from heat. Stir in the chia seeds and Sambucol black elderberry syrup and let "gel" for 10 minutes before storing in a glass jar or reusable container in the refrigerator.
Smother on toast & sandwiches, or mix a dollop into your morning oatmeal or yogurt for a healthy touch of sweetness, fiber, & immune-supporting anthocyanins.
This jam will save for up to 7-10 days in an air-tight container in the fridge.