Mini Chocolate Cashew Cups with Black Elderberry Syrup
Want an easy-to-make snack that’s healthy and delicious? Try these mini chocolate cashew cups with black elderberry syrup. They only take a few minutes to make and they’re packed with protein, antioxidants, and healthy fats. Enjoy!
Makes 6-7 mini cups
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cashew butter (or other nut/seed butter of choice)
2 tsp Sambucol Elderberry Syrup
- Melt the chocolate in a medium bowl by microwaving in 5 short second bursts until the chocolate is completely melted. Carefully stir in the coconut oil and stir until the chocolate is shiny and smooth.
- Place 7 muffin liners in a mini muffin tin. Pour about 1 tbsp of melted chocolate into each muffin liner and using a small spoon spread the chocolate up the sides of the liners. Place the muffin tin in the freezer to set the chocolate.
- Make the filling by placing the cashew butter in a small bowl, add the elderberry syrup, and gently stir together so there is a swirl effect.
- Remove the muffin tin from the freezer and distribute the filling into each chocolate cup. Distribute the remaining chocolate over the top of the filling and place back in the freezer until the chocolate is firm. Then enjoy!
- Store in the fridge or freezer for longer storage.